ADHD support for children
ADHD support can be highly beneficial for children and young people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in several ways.
Here are some ways coaching can help support ADHD in children:
- Setting realistic and achievable goals: They help the child identify areas of difficulty and create specific goals related to academic performance, organization, time management, and social skills.
- Development of essential skills: such as organization, planning, prioritization, and time management.
- Helping children develop self-awareness: about their strengths, weaknesses, and ADHD-related challenges. Create personalized strategies and routines to manage their ADHD symptoms effectively.
- Improving study skills: Help with creating structured study plans, learn how to break down assignments, manage distractions, and improve attention span during studying.
- Emotional regulation: Creating strategies to recognize and manage emotions, develop self-control, and improve impulse control. This can lead to better emotional well-being and social interactions.
- Communication and advocacy: children learn how to advocate for themselves in academic and social settings, teaching them to express their needs, ask for help, and effectively communicate with teachers, peers, and family members.
- Building confidence and self-esteem: By focusing on their strengths and accomplishments, ADHD support helps children build confidence and improve self-esteem.
Request a consultation with our team
We will be in touch to discuss how we can help
10:04 27 Jan 23
I’ve been seeing Vanessa for a whole host of different and complex mental health reasons for a number of years. Sometimes I go for months and months without needing her support and other times I see her weekly - that’s one of the great things about her, the adaptability to my needs. Vanessa is supportive, professional, and extremely knowledgeable across a wide breadth of issues and treatments / approaches. Without doubt the best therapist I have ever worked with and I couldn’t recommend her more highly.
09:23 22 Jan 23
Vanessa was recommended through a close friend and I cannot thank them both enough. Since our sessions began a little under a year ago Vanessa has helped me create a deeper understanding of myself and others and has equipped me with the knowledge to continue to improve my life, I’ll be forever grateful for this! Vanessa is a very warming, professional and highly experienced therapist and I look forward to developing myself more with her help 🙂
19:25 28 Sep 22
Vanessa was recommended to me by a friend, earlier this summer and turned out to be exactly what I needed in order to help me sort out my issues.She is very down-to-earth and sensible and after asking questions and really listening to what one has to say, has a lot of insight into what may be troubling you - which she easily translates into ways that show a depth of discernment with understanding and sympathy, combined with practical help based on both theory and practical experience.Within weeks I was able to see a way forward and regain my sense of purpose.I cannot recommend Vanessa highly enough.
09:04 08 Feb 22
Vanessa is a very caring, compassionate and experienced counsellor. She makes you feel at ease even when it may feel hard to open up, I found her very easy to talk to. There are no words to completely describe just how much she has helped me and how our sessions have already had such a positive impact on my life. I highly recommend Vanessa and thank her from the bottom of my heart for helping me.
21:06 07 Feb 22
My daughter (age 9) has been seeing Vanessa for several months. Vanessa does such a good job of engaging her in a variety of activities and she looks forward to every session. As a result of the sessions, my daughter is clearly gaining an understanding of herself that is helping her to better manage some of her challenges. I also feel I have learnt so much about my daughter and how I can support her. Vanessa is extremely approachable, professional and supportive and I’d highly recommend her services.